Conference Registration is mandatory for Workshop registration
A. Title : "PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR THE INDIAN SETTING: The Process of Assessment and Conduct of Individual Dynamic Psychotherapy"
B. Faculty :
- Professor VK Varma
- Dr Nitin Gupta
The objectives of the Workshop/Course will be to:
- Train mental health professionals in the practice of individual psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy,
- Discuss the rationale for adapting Western-model psychotherapy for traditional societies, taking into account socio-cultural variables,
- Discuss the methodology of selection of cases and assessment for psychotherapy,
- Discuss the process of psychotherapy; from symptoms to conflicts to defense mechanisms to interpretation to working through,
- Iillustrate the conduct of psychotherapy, giving case vignettes and using role-play involving the participants.
D. Proposed Number of Participants :
Maximum of 40
E. Registration Fee for Workshop: Rs. 1000/-
Last date early registration for Conference is 31st October, 2017